- 48x 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper ports with 48-port IEEE 802.3at/af PoE injector
- 4x 100/1000BASE-X mini-GBIC/SFP slots
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus, end-span PSE
- Backward compatible with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Up to 48 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE power up to 36 watts for each PoE port
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100 meters
- PoE management
- Total PoE power budget control
- Per port PoE function enable/disable
- PoE port power feeding priority
- Per PoE port power limitation
- PD classification detection
- PD alive-check
- PoE schedule
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
- High performance Store and Forward architecture, broadcast storm control, runt/CRC filtering that eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- Supports VLAN
- IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN
- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)
- Protocol VLAN
- Voice VLAN
- Private VLAN
- Management VLAN
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol
- STP (Spanning Tree Protocol)
- RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)
- MSTP (Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol)
- STP BPDU Guard, BPDU filtering and BPDU forwarding
- Supports Link Aggregation
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
- Ingress and egress rate limit per port bandwidth control
- Storm control support
- Broadcast/Unknown unicast/Unknown multicast
- IEEE 802.1p CoS
- TOS/DSCP/IP precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Supports IPv4 IGMP snooping v2, v3
- Supports IPv6 MLD snooping v1, v2
- IGMP querier mode support
- IGMP snooping port filtering
- MLD snooping port filtering
- IEEE 802.1X port-based network access authentication
- Built-in RADIUS client to co-operate with the RADIUS servers
- RADIUS/TACACS+ login user access authentication
- IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL
- MAC-based ACL
- Static MAC
- MAC filtering
- Port security for source MAC address entries filtering
- DHCP snooping to filter untrusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP source guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- DoS attack prevention
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management
- Switch management interface
- Web switch management
- Telnet command line interface
- SNMP v1, v2c and v3
- SSH and SSL secure access
- User privilege levels control
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System maintenance
- Firmware upload/download via HTTP/TFTP
- Configuration upload/download through web interface
- Dual images
- Hardware reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- SNTP Network Time Protocol
- Cable diagnostics
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and LLDP-MED
- SNMP trap for interface link up and link down notification
- Event message logging to remote Syslog server
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- PLANET smart discovery utility
- Smart fan with speed control
Cost-effective, High-density PoE Solution
Perfect Managed PoE+ Switch with Advanced L2/L4 Switching and Security
PLANET GS-4210-48P4S is a cost-optimized, high-density PoE+ Managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch featuring PLANET intelligent PoE functions to improve the availability of critical business applications. It provides IPv6/IPv4 dual stack management and built-in L2/L4 Gigabit switching engine along with 48 10/100/1000BASE-T ports featuring 36-watt 802.3at PoE+ and 4 additional Gigabit SFP slots. With a total power budget of up to 440 watts for different kinds of PoE applications, it provides a quick, safe and cost-effective Power over Ethernet network solution for small businesses and enterprises.
Premium VoIP Networks for Medium- to Large-scale Deployments
The GS-4210-48P4S has 48 IEEE 802.3at PoE+ ports, 104Gbps switch fabric and advanced QoS functionality for deploying medium- to large-scale VoIP or wireless networks at a low total cost. One GS-4210-48P4S can power up 48 PoE VoIP phones and delivers HD (high-definition) voice to VoIP network with high priority, resulting in higher quality voice and clearer communication. From now on, customers only need fewer units of the GS-4210-48P4S than before to achieve the goal of cost-effectiveness, thereby saving setup time and human resource.
Built-in Unique PoE Functions for Powered Device Management
As it is the managed PoE switch for VoIP, wireless and surveillance networks, the GS-4210-48P4S features the following special PoE management functions:
- PoE schedule
- PD alive check
- Scheduled power recycling
- PoE usage monitoring
PoE Schedule for Energy Saving
Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to environmental protection, the GS-4210-48P4S can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs or enterprises save power and money. It also increases security by powering off PDs that should not be in use during non-business hours.
Intelligent Powered Device Alive-Check
The GS-4210-48P4S can be configured to monitor connected PD (Powered Device) status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and responding, the GS-4210-48P4S will resume the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It will greatly enhance the network reliability through the PoE port resetting the PD’s power source and reducing administrator management burden.
Scheduled Power Recycling
The GS-4210-48P4S allows each of the connected PoE IP cameras or PoE wireless access points to reboot at a specific time each week. Therefore, it will reduce the chance of IP camera or AP crash resulting from buffer overflow.
Environment-friendly, Smart Fan Design for Silent Operation
The GS-4210-48P4S features a low noise design and an effective ventilation system. It supports the smart fan technology that automatically controls the speed of the built-in fan to reduce noise and maintain the temperature of the PoE switch for optimal power output capability. The GS-4210-48P4S is able to operate reliably, stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance.
IPv6/IPv4 Dual Stack Management
Supporting both IPv6 and IPv4 protocols, the GS-4210-48P4S helps the SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment as its network facilities need not be replaced or overhauled if the IPv6 network is set up.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The GS-4210-48P4S can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), loop and BPDU guard, IGMP snooping, and MLD snooping. Via the link aggregation, the GS-4210-48P4S allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple ports, and supports fail-over as well. Also, the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is the Layer 2 protocol included to help discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control
The GS-4210-48P4S is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast/multicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance for VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantage of the limited network resources.
PLANET GS-4210-48P4S offers comprehensive IPv4/IPv6 Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based user and device authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. With the protected port function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to guarantee user privacy. Furthermore, port security function allows to limit the number of network devices on a given port.
Advanced Network Security
The GS-4210-48P4S also provides DHCP snooping, IP source guard and dynamic ARP inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discard ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly-secure corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Friendly and Secure Management
For efficient management, the GS-4210-48P4S is equipped with web, Telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in web-based management interface, the GS-4210-48P4S offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting the standard SNMP, the switch can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via Telnet. Moreover, the GS-4210-48P4S offers secure remote management by supporting SSH, SSL and SNMP v3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Flexibility and Long-distance Extension Solution
The four mini-GBIC slots built in the GS-4210-48P4S support SFP auto-detection and dual speed as it features 100BASE-FX and 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceivers to uplink to backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2 kilometers (multi-mode fiber) and up to 10/20/30/40/50/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
Intelligent SFP Diagnosis Mechanism
The GS-4210-48P4S supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that can easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP for network administrator, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current and transceiver supply voltage.