- ITU-T G.993.5 G.Vector and G.INP
- DMT-based coding technology
- Built-in POST splitter to share voice and date
- One RJ11 connector for VDSL port with VDSL connection
- One phone connector for telephone connection
- Voice and data communication can be shared simultaneously based on the existing telephone wire
- CO/CPE mode selectable via DIP switch
- Selectable target band plan and SNR margin
- Up to 200/100Mbps (G.INP, Asym, 8dB) bandwidth
- 4 10/100/1000BASE-TX LAN ports
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u, 100BASE-TX and IEEE 802.3x, flow control Ethernet standards
- Half duplex back pressure and IEEE 802.3x full duplex pause frame flow control
- Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tag transparency
- VDSL2 stand-alone transceiver for simple bridge modem application
- Advantage of minimum installation time (Simply Plug-and-Play)
- Supports extensive LED indicators for network diagnosis
- Compact in size and easy to install
High Performance Gigabit Ethernet over Phone Wire Solution:
PLANET VC-234G, a new-generation and high-performance Gigabit Ethernet-over-VDSL2 Converter, works well with a pervasive telephone line network with a symmetric (downstream/upstream) data rate of up to 150/150Mbps (G.INP, Sym, 8dB) over a distance of 300m and 20/12Mbps over a long distance of 1.4km. It is based on the two-core networking technology, Gigabit Ethernet and VDSL2 (Very-high-data-rate Digital Subscriber Line 2). The VDSL2 technology offers absolutely the fastest data transmission speed over the existing copper telephone lines without the need of rewiring.
With integrated support for the ITU-T’s new G.993.5 vectoring technology, the VC-234G works in conjunction with vectoring-enabled DSLAMs to remove crosstalk interference and improve maximum line bandwidth across the existing copper telephone infrastructure.
Implementing with Existing Telephone Copper Wires:
The VC-234G is also a Long Reach Ethernet (LRE) Bridge providing four RJ45 Ethernet ports and two RJ11 phone jacks, in which one is for VDSL connection and the other one is for POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) connection. The VC-234G has a built-in POTS splitter to share the existing phone line with POTS; therefore, there is no need to replace the existing copper wiring. Just plug the VC-234G into the existing RJ11 telephone jack and a high-performance VDSL2 network can be connected. The VC-234G is ideal to be used as an Ethernet extender to an existing Ethernet network.
Delivering High-demand Service Connectivity for ISP/Triple Play Devices:
The VC-234G provides excellent bandwidth to satisfy the triple play devices for home entertainment and communication. With the capability of 200/100Mbps (G.INP, Asym, 8dB) asymmetric data transmission, the VC-234G enables many multi-media services to work on the local Internet, such as VoD (video on demand), voice over IP, video phone, IPTV, Internet caching server, distance education, and so on.
Easy and Flexible Installation:
The Ethernet-over-VDSL2 Converter comes with a Plug-and-Play design and is fully compatible with all kinds of network protocols. Moreover, the operating status of each individual port and the whole system can be watched via the rich diagnostic LEDs on the front panel. The VC-234G offers two modes, CPE and CO, for application -- CPE mode is used at client side and CO mode is at central side. The CPE or CO mode can be adjusted by using a built-in DIP switch. For the point-to-point connection, a CPE mode and a CO mode must be set up as one pair of converters to perform the connection.
For those ISPs that still provide ADSL broadband service, the VC-234G can support a downstream rate of up to 24Mbps and an upstream rate of 1Mbps with the ADSL2+ technology. The VC-234G can also be directly switched over to VDSL2 after the network upgrade.