- 8x 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper ports
- 2x 100/1000BASE-X SFP ports
- RJ45 console interface for switch basic management and setup
Layer 2 Features:
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
- High performance Store and Forward architecture, broadcast storm control, runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- Supports VLAN
- IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN
- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)
- Protocol VLAN
- Voice VLAN
- Private VLAN (Protected port)
- Management VLAN
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol
- STP (Spanning Tree Protocol)
- RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)
- MSTP (Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol)
- STP BPDU Guard, BPDU Filtering and BPDU Forwarding
- Supports Link Aggregation:
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)
- Maximum 1 trunk group, up to 2 ports per trunk group
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
- Supports ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching)
Quality of Service:
- Ingress/Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
- Storm Control support
- Traffic classification
- IEEE 802.1p CoS
- TOS/DSCP/IP Precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Supports IPv4 IGMP snooping v2 and v3
- Supports IPv6 MLD snooping v1, v2
- IGMP querier mode support
- IGMP snooping port filtering
- MLD snooping port filtering
- IEEE 802.1X Port-based network access authentication
- Built-in RADIUS client to co-operate with the RADIUS servers
- RADIUS/TACACS+ login user access authentication
- Access Control List
- IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL/ACE
- MAC-based ACL/ACE
- MAC Security
- Port Security for Source MAC address entries filtering
- DHCP Snooping to filter distrusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP Source Guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- DoS Attack Prevention
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management
- Switch Management Interface
- Web switch management
- Console/Telnet Command Line Interface
- SNMP v1 and v2c switch management
- SSHv2, TLSv1.2 and SNMP v3 secure access
- User Privilege Levels Control
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System Maintenance
- Firmware upload/download via HTTP/TFTP
- Configuration upload/download via HTTP/TFTP
- Dual Images
- Hardware reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- SNTP Network Time Protocol
- Cable Diagnostics
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Protocol and LLDP-MED
- SNMP trap for interface Link Up and Link Down notification
- Event message logging to remote Syslog server
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events)
- PLANET NMS System and Smart Discovery Utility for deployment management
A Perfect Managed Edge Switch with Advanced L2/L4 Switching and Security:
PLANET GS-4210-8T2S is an 8-Port Gigabit Managed Ethernet Switch with SFP interfaces specially designed to build a full Gigabit backbone to reliably transmit and forward data to remote network through fiber optic. It provides 8 10/100/1000BASE-T copper ports and 2 extra 100/1000BASE-X SFP fiber optic interfaces with built-in power system. Besides support for 20Gbps switch fabric to handle extremely large amounts of video, voice and important data in a secure topology, the GS-4210-8T2S provides user-friendly but advanced IPv6 / IPv4 management interfaces and abundant L2 / L4 switching functions. It is the best investment for businesses and SOHOs expanding or upgrading their network infrastructures.
Cybersecurity Network Solution to Minimize Security Risks:
The GS-4210-8T2S supports SSHv2 and TLS protocols to provide strong protection against advanced threats. It includes a range of cybersecurity features such as DHCP Snooping, ARP Inspection Protection, 802.1x port-based and network access control, RADIUS and TACACS+ user accounts management, SNMPv3 authentication, and so on to complement it as an all-security solution.
Redundant Ring, Fast Recovery for Critical Network Applications:
The GS-4210-8T2S supports redundant ring technology and features strong, rapid self-recovery capability to prevent interruptions and external intrusions. It incorporates advanced ITU-T G.8032 ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching) technology and Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1s MSTP) into customer’s network to enhance system reliability and uptime in various environments.
Environmentally-friendly, Fanless Design for Silent Operation:
The GS-4210-8T2S with a desktop-sized metal housing is designed to operate quietly and effectively as it is fanless and comes with optimal power output capability. Thus, the GS-4210-8T2S can be deployed in any environment without affecting its performance.
IPv6/IPv4 Dual Stack Management:
Supporting both IPv6 and IPv4 protocols, the GS-4210-8T2S helps the SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment as its network facilities need not be replaced or overhauled if the IPv6 FTTx edge network is set up.
Robust Layer 2 Features:
The GS-4210-8T2S can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), loop and BPDU guard, IGMP snooping, and MLD snooping. Via the link aggregation, the GS-4210-8T2S allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple ports, and supports fail-over as well. Also, the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is the Layer 2 protocol included to help discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control:
The GS-4210-8T2S is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast/multicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance for VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantage of the limited network resources.
The GS-4210-8T2S offers comprehensive Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1x Port-based and MAC-based user and device authentication. With the private VLAN function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to ensure user privacy. The network administrators can now construct highly-secure corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Friendly and Secure Management:
For efficient management, the GS-4210-8T2S is equipped with Command line, Web and SNMP management interfaces.
- With the built-in Web-based management interface, the GS-4210-8T2S offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility.
- For text-based management, it can be accessed via Telnet and the console port.
- By supporting the standard SNMP protocol, the switch can be managed via any SNMP-based management software.
Moreover, the GS-4210-8T2S offers secure remote management by supporting SSHv2, TLSv1.2 and SNMP v3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Flexible Long-distance Extension Solution:
The two mini-GBIC ports built in the GS-4210-8T2S support SFP auto-detection and dual speed as it features 100BASE-FX and 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (small form-factor pluggable) fiber transceivers to uplink to backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2 kilometers (multi-mode fiber) and to 10/20/40/60/80/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
Intelligent SFP Diagnosis Mechanism:
The GS-4210-8T2S supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that can easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP for network administrator, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current, and transceiver supply voltage.