- Internal power Supply with full range 100-240V AC input
- Dual Energy-Saving technology
- Link down power saving
- Intelligent scales power based on cable length
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u, 100Base-TX and IEEE 802.3ab, 1000Base-T
- IEEE 802.3x, Full-Duplex flow control compliant; Back-pressure, Half-Duplex flow control
- 8-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Per port Auto-MDI, MDI-X detection
- 8K MAC address table auto-ageing
- 9K Jumbo packet size support
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- Non-blocking, Store and Forward switching architecture
- Automatic source address learning and aging
- One power on/off button for energy control
- Compact size, wall-mountable design
- Metal case, good for heat sinking
- Easy installation, ideal solution for fit in space-limited locations
Optimal Solution for Gigabit High Performance Networking
Super high speed Ethernet Switch is expected to become the main stream in the market as the increasing popularity of Desktop and Laptop with built-in Gigabit Network Interface, and widely application of Share Database Device and Multimedia Center day by day.. PLANET GSD-805, the 8-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Switch is introduced to meet the market demand and especially designed with metal compact housing, internal power supply and fanless to bring an easy deployment of Gigabit networks for home, SOHO or SMBs.
In line with the energy-saving trend worldwide, the GSD-805 uses new engine that provides energy saving up to 40% less without reducing the performance. The GSD-805 incorporates two advanced Green Networking technologies:
- Idle Mode Link Down power saving
- Intelligent Scales Power based on cable length
The Idle mode Link Down power saving of the GSD-805 complies with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard to automatically lower power for a given port when it is not linked. With the Idle mode Link Down power savings technology, the GSD-805 will automatically adjusts power usage of the ports that are shutdown or not connected to network devices. The Intelligent Scales Power, is an intelligent algorithm that actively determines the appropriate power level based on cable length.
The connected device can substantially reduce overall power consumption, which makes a significant contribution to energy saving.
Full Range Internal Power Supply
With the compact metal housing design and equipped with a full range internal power supply, the GSD-805 is ideal to be installed for desktop or space-limited environment. Benefit from the convenient internal power, users can directly plug the device's power cable in the outlet without additional cumbersome power adapter on the wall.
EuP Complies Power Control
To comply with European Union's Energy-using Products (EuP) Directive for further reduce the energy consumptions, the GSD-805 has a built-in power switch with off mode and standby mode selection at its rear panel. PLANET Green Networking Switch greatly helps to eliminate the power consumption at home, lower the business operation cost and fulfill the responsibility of a corporate citizen.
Providing 16Gbps internal switching fabric, the GSD-805 can handle extremely large amounts of data in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high capacity servers. The GSD-805 provides 8K MAC address table and 1Mbits buffer memory. It offers wire-speed packet transfer performance without risk of packet loss. The high data throughput of the device makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments, especially for the network upgrading to a Gigabit environment.
Plug & Play
All RJ-45 copper interfaces in the GSD-805 support 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-Negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cables. It supports standard Auto-MDI / MDI-X that can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables.