- 5x 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T
- Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function
- Hardware-based 10/100Mbps, half / full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode, flow control and auto-negotiation
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- Integrated address look-up engine, supporting 2K absolute MAC addresses
- 9K Jumbo packet size
- Power saving ability for Green networking
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports CSMA/CD protocol
- Made from plastic, desktop size and wall-mount design
- LED indicators for system power, per port Link / Act
- 5V DC, 1A external power adapter
- FCC, CE Class B compliant
Optimal Solution for Energy Saving and Gigabit High Performance
PLANET Green Networking Switch-GSD-504 is an ideal solution in line with the energy-saving trend worldwide. The GSD-504 is a 5-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, bringing both benefits of energy saving and Gigabit wire speed performance. It is specially designed for home networking, SOHOs and enterprises.
The GSD-504 uses new engine that provides power saving up to 40% less energy but maintains high performance efficiently. It incorporates two advanced Green Networking technologies:
- Hibernation Link Down power saving
- Intelligent scales power based on cable length
The Hibernation Link Down power saving goes beyond IEEE specifications to automatically lower power for a given port when it is not linked. With the Hibernation Link Down power saving technology, the GSD-504 will automatically adjust power usage of the ports that are shut down or not connected to network device.
Intelligent scales power, the other technology adopted, is an intelligent algorithm that actively determines the appropriate power level based on cable length. When the GSD-504 is connected with Ethernet cable shorter than 20m, a device can obtain maximum power saving because the GSD-504 would automatically detect the Ethernet cable length and diminish power usage. The connected device can substantially reduce the overall power consumption, which makes a significant contribution to energy saving.
Leading Home, SOHO and Workgroup Users to High-speed Networking Generation
The GSD-504 is designed with modern plastic compact housing and easy to deploy high speed Gigabit networking in home or SOHO applications. Providing 10Gbps internal switching fabric, the GSD-504 can handle an extremely large amount of data in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high capacity servers. The GSD-504 provides 2K MAC address table, and wire-speed packet transfer performance without risk of packet loss. The high data throughput of the device makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments, especially for the network to be upgraded to a Gigabit environment.
Plug & Play
All RJ-45 copper interfaces of the GSD-504 support 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 5, 5e or 6 cables. They support standard auto-MDI/MDI-X feature which can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables.