- 20-port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper with 16-port IEEE 802.3at/af PoE injector
- 4 100/1000BASE-X mini-GBIC/SFP slots, shared with port-17 to port-20 compatible with 100BASE-FX SFP
- RJ45 console interface for switch basic management and setup
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus, end-span PSE
- Backward compatible with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Up to 16 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE power up to 30.8 watts for each PoE port
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100 meters
- PoE management
- Total PoE power budget control
- Per port PoE function enable/disable
- PoE Port power feeding priority
- Per PoE port power limitation
- PD classification detection
- PD alive-check
- PoE schedule
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
- High performance Store and Forward architecture, broadcast storm control, runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- Supports VLAN
- IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN
- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)
- Protocol VLAN
- Voice VLAN
- Private VLAN
- Management VLAN
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol
- STP (Spanning Tree Protocol)
- RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)
- MSTP (Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol)
- STP BPDU Guard, BPDU filtering and BPDU forwarding
- Supports Link Aggregation
- EEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)
- Maximum 4 trunk groups, up to 8 ports per trunk group
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
- Ingress and egress rate limit per port bandwidth control
- Storm control support
- Broadcast/Unknown unicast/Unknown multicast
- IEEE 802.1p CoS
- TOS/DSCP/IP precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Supports IPv4 IGMP snooping v2 and v3
- Supports IPv6 MLD snooping v1 and v2
- IGMP querier mode support
- IGMP snooping port filtering
- MLD snooping port filtering
- IEEE 802.1X port-based network access authentication
- Built-in RADIUS client to cooperate with the RADIUS servers
- RADIUS/TACACS+ login user access authentication
- IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL
- MAC-based ACL
- Static MAC
- MAC filtering
- Port security for source MAC address entries filtering
- DHCP snooping to filter distrusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP source guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- DoS attack prevention
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management
- Switch management interface
- Web switch management
- Telnet command line interface
- SNMP v1, v2c and v3
- SSH and SSL secure access
- User privilege levels control
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System maintenance
- Firmware upload/download via HTTP / TFTP
- Configuration upload / download through web interface
- Dual images
- Hardware reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- SNTP Network Time Protocol
- Cable diagnostics
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and LLDP-MED
- SNMP trap for interface link up and link down notification
- Event message logging to remote Syslog server
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- PLANET smart discovery utility
- Smart fan with speed control
A Perfect PoE+ Managed Switch with Advanced L2/L4 Switching and Security
The GS-4210-16P4C is a new generation of PLANET Gigabit PoE+ Managed Switch series featuring PLANET intelligent PoE functions to improve the availability of critical business applications. It provides IPv6/IPv4 dual stack management and built-in L2/L4 Gigabit switching engine along with 16 10/100/1000BASE-T ports featuring 30-watt 802.3at PoE+ and 4 additional Gigabit TP/SFP combo ports. With a total power budget of up to 220 watts for different kinds of PoE applications, the GS-4210-16P4C provides a quick, safe and cost-effective Power over Ethernet network solution for small businesses and enterprises.
Built-in Unique PoE Functions for Powered Devices Management
As the PoE managed switch for surveillance, wireless and VoIP networks, the GS-4210-16P4C features special PoE management functions:
- PD alive check
- Scheduled power recycling
- PoE schedule
- PoE usage monitoring
Intelligent Powered Device Alive-Check
The GS-4210-16P4C can be configured to monitor connected PD (Powered Device) status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and responding, the GS-4210-16P4C will resume the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It will greatly enhance the network reliability through the PoE port resetting the PD’s power source and reducing administrator management burden.
Scheduled Power Recycling
The GS-4210-16P4C allows each of the connected PoE IP cameras or PoE wireless access points to reboot at a specific time each week. Therefore, it will reduce the chance of IP camera or AP crash resulting from buffer overflow.
PoE Schedule for Energy Saving
Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to environmental protection, the GS-4210-16P4C can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs or enterprises save power and money. It also increases security by powering off PDs that should not be in use during non-business hours.
PoE Usage Monitoring
Via the power usage chart in the web management interface, the GS-4210-16P4C enables the administrator to monitor the status of the power usage of the connected PDs in real time. Thus, it greatly enhances the management efficiency of the facilities.
Smart Fan Design for Silent Operation
The GS-4210-16P4C features a low noise design and an effective ventilation system. It supports the smart fan technology that automatically controls the speed of the built-in fan to reduce noise and maintain the temperature of the PoE switch for optimal power output capability. The GS-4210-16P4C is able to operate reliably, stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance.
IPv6/IPv4 Dual Stack
Supporting both IPv6 and IPv4 protocols, the GS-4210-16P4C helps the SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment as its network facilities need not be replaced or overhauled if the IPv6 FTTx edge network is set up.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The GS-4210-16P4C can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), loop and BPDU guard, IGMP snooping, and MLD snooping. Via the link aggregation, the GS-4210-16P4C allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple ports such as a 16Gbps fat pipe, and supports fail-over as well. Also, the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is the Layer 2 protocol included to help discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control
The GS-4210-16P4C is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast/multicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance for VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantage of the limited network resources.
The powerful unit offers comprehensive IPv4/IPv6 Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based user and device authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. With the protected port function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to guarantee user privacy. Furthermore, port security function allows to limit the number of network devices on a given port.
Advanced Network Security
The GS-4210-16P4C also provides DHCP snooping, IP source guard and dynamic ARP inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discard ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly-secured corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Friendly and Secure Management
For efficient management, the GS-4210-16P4C is equipped with console, web, telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in web-based management interface, the GS-4210-16P4C offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), the switch can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via telnet and the console port. Moreover, the GS-4210-16P4C offers secure remote management by supporting SSH, SSL and SNMPv3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Flexibility and Long-distance Extension Solution
The GS-4210-16P4C provides 4 extra Gigabit TP interfaces supporting 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 copper that connects with surveillance network devices such as NVR, video streaming server or NAS to facilitate surveillance management. Or through these dual-speed fiber SFP slots, it can also connect with the 100BASE-FX/1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceiver to be uplinked to the backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2 kilometers (multi-mode fiber) and up to 10/20/30/40/50/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
Intelligent SFP Diagnosis Mechanism
The GS-4210-16P4C supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that can easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP for network administrator, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current and transceiver supply voltage.